Data Conversion and Enhancement
Documents are created, modified, printed and converted, copied, sent in an email, stored again on disk. Data is often retyped, mistyped, converted from another database or merged from various sources.
Arcanum Development helps you to perform the regular document related activities in the following way:
1. Data and document conversion
- converting forgotten or unusual hardware and software formats to maintainable files,
- retyping or computerizing documents.
2. Document enhancement
- analyzing used document formats,
- creating a coherent template-set,
- formatting, massive text, tables and images etc.,
- creating publication-ready files,
- creating forms,
- identifying paragraphs
- adding and checking hyperlinks,
- checking against a previous version in the same language or checking against the same text in another language
- checking translations against proper use of phraseology and massive spell-checking.
3. Data checking and enhancement
- unifying data from various sources,
- removing incoherencies and redundancies, such as mistyping, duplications, etc.
- pointing out data integrity problems, such as logical errors, out-of-bound data, non-referred or dangling references.
A safely finished data conversion and enhancement project is a good start for Document management.
Supposing your organization shall successfully finish a data conversion and enhancement project
- your most important documents shall be converted to the up-to-date company standard word processors,
- your document formats shall be more coherent,
- your employees shall be trained, their typical errors shall be presented to them
- your data shall contain a magnitude less errors,
- your databases will contain checked and integrated data,
- your databases will be more coherent and known errors shall be regularly tested.
5. How all this work can be done
The following key issues we keep in consideration:
- exploring data and document usage for scoping ‘the end of data enhancement’.
- finding the required hardware and software,
- using an optimal combination of human resources and programming,
- using offshore data preparation when it is required,
- analysis and report of all detected errors, classifying by severity,
- analyzing the required formats, including publication formats,
- writing hundreds of specialized applications for the error analysis,
- rectifying trivial errors on our responsibility not to bother our customers,
- storing the original data and logging practically all modifications,
- using pattern matching technology.