Everybody creates documents. Only few of us use templates. Even fewer people use well-defined folder structures, where the documents can easily be found…
…and then everybody searches, hunts, chases and begs for documents.
The industrialization of document creation was not followed by the development of document storage and retrieval techniques. Currently even the smallest companies face the challenges of the emerging amount of information dumped daily on information owners and users and the ever-growing background documentation that is essential for every-day work or for critical events.
We have realized that internal data and document management must be part of the quality management process of all enterprises.
Supposing your organization successfully finishes the introduction of a document management system,
- your document creation shall be more systematic: users shall know, when to create a new document, when to modify an existing one
- your document formats shall be more coherent: users will be forced to use company standards so the appearance of documents will be unified, and the electronic handling of the document will be much easier,
- your documents shall be stored in a systematic way, which helps users to find relevant information,
- document security will be properly established and using shared responsibilities the load on IT professionals will not grow, or may even decrease,
- information flows shall be cleaned up; the workflows, document flows and information flows shall be well-harmonized, parallel work is eliminated, documents arehandled in the way it was intended by the management,
- your documents will be coupled with necessary meta-information, which helps better organized storage, and makes searches easier,
- the users will be able to reach the documents at the moment and at that part of the workflow, when it is necessary,
- your employees will be able to publish their important documents in an automatic way during their daily work to the company intranet or portal, where those, who have to use them, can find the latest version of the document from the moment its creator saved it,
- your customers will have punctual and up to date data from your Internet site.
2. How all this work can be done
We provide a methodology, which concentrates on the business processes, but instead of dramatically modifying them—and reinventing the square wheel—we carefully analyze, and support the information need of the processes. Our method leads the organization through the changes in a smooth way.
Document management helps you to provide the necessary documents at the right place at the right time for the right person. This is one of the first steps towards knowledge management.
Each project has the following steps:
- Goal setting
- Consolidating the interviews
- Rationalization of documents
- Rationalization of storage
- Rationalization of flows
- Software, solution and introducer selection
- Building your document management system
- Basic setup
- Document migration and document management setup
- Personalization, application development
- Training, further personalization and coaching