3D and synchronized views
Interactive maps can be viewed in 3D and synchronized side-by-side for easy comparison.
Search settlement names
Search settlements on any of our maps, and we show its location regardless of its existence at the time of the map's creation.
Measure distance and areas
Measure distances or areas on any of our maps. Just select the corners and the size is shown.
The service is available free.
Want to download the high resolution original scan of a selected map tile ? You can simply do it at the map. Price is 9,99 EUR each.
Institutional user? Want to integrate Arcanum Maps into your own website? See our subscription plans.
Roam around the old Habsburg lands in time and space in the improved website of ours. A new success of the Arcanum Adatbázis Kiadó. Enjoy!
Good evening! First of all, I'd like to thank you for your archives, maps are very interesting! Your work in digitalizing every notable document, printed media of very wide range is amazing, i wish my country could have one project like yours!
Read about the scanning, georeferencing and visualization of historical maps
The technical implementation of digitization, georeferencing, and development of the web application based on the Microsoft Bing platform have been led by Arcanum Adatbázis Kft.
You can find references to Mapire.eu for scientific publications under Publications .
- Austrian State Archives: The owner of the Josephinische and Franziszeische Landesaufnahme .
- Hungarian National Archives: The owner of the cadastral maps of Hungary.
- Government Office of the Capital City Budapest (legal successor of the Institute of Geodesy, Cartography and Remote Sensing): The owner and guardian of the Hungarian cadastral maps.
- Croatian State Archives: The owner of the cadastral maps of Croatia.
- Hungarian War Archives: The owner of the Franzisco-Josephinische Landesaufnahme .
- City Archives of Budapest: The owner of the historical maps of Budapest.
- Arcanum Adatbázis Kft: The developer of the software and specialist in digitization and georeferencing.
- Department of Geophysics and Space Science, ELTE: with their scientific expertise.
- Gábor Timár PhD: Scientific Advisor.